Monday, April 25, 2011
The UK news outlet is reporting that a 9-year old girl sustained a bite from an Adder (Vipera berus) while walking in the New Forest, in Hampshire, with her family.She is now recovering in the hospital. The entire right leg turned black, The girl, was taken to Southampton General Hospital's intensive care unit. Doctors treated her with anti-venom and believe she will now make a full recovery. The bite victim was wearing flip flops on her feet. There are ten recorded cases of death from an adder bite in the last century but no one has died from one in Britain during the last 20 years. Follow this link to the Mailonline story.